National Reference Laboratory for teschovirus encephalomyelitis
Our National Reference Laboratory (NRL) for teschovirus encephalomyelitis (Teschen disease) is located at the Institute for Animal Health Mödling in the Division of Animal Health of AGES. The testing laboratory of the Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety GmbH is accredited according to ISO/IEC 17025 with the identification number 0452 by Accreditation Austria (Federal Ministry for Digitalization and Economic Location) for the areas listed in the notification and published at https://akkreditierung-austria.gv.at/.
- Active support in the diagnosis in the event of a disease outbreak
- Carrying out exclusion tests and differential diagnostics
- Establishment, standardization, validation/verification of test systems
- Maintaining strain collections and isolates
- Ensuring knowledge retention and knowledge generation
Last updated: 13.09.2023