National Reference Laboratory for Rift Valley Fever
Our National Reference Laboratory (NRL) for Rift Valley Fever is located at the Institute for Animal Health Mödling within the Division of Animal Health of AGES. The testing laboratory of the Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety GmbH is accredited according to ISO/IEC 17025 with the identification number 0452 by Accreditation Austria (Federal Ministry for Digitalization and Economic Location) for the areas listed in the notification and published at https://akkreditierung-austria.gv.at/.
These include, among others.
- Cooperation with other (international) RLs of the same orientation
- Participation in training courses
- Distribution of information provided by other RLs, e.g. the OIE Reference Laboratory (OIE-RL).
- Scientific and technical support to the competent authorities
- Active support in diagnostics in case of disease outbreak, e.g. forwarding samples for (exclusion) diagnostics
- Establishment, standardization, validation/verification of test systems
- Ensuring knowledge retention and knowledge generation
Last updated: 10.10.2023