National Reference Laboratory for capripoxviruses (lumpy skin disease and sheep and goats pox)
Our National Reference Laboratory (NRL) for capripox disease (lumpy skin disease and smallpox disease of sheep and goats) is located at the Institute for Veterinary Investigations Mödling in the Divison of Animal Health of AGES. The testing laboratory of the Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety GmbH is accredited according to ISO/IEC 17025 with the identification number 0452 by Accreditation Austria (Federal Ministry for Digitalization and Economic Location) for the areas listed in the notification and published at https://akkreditierung-austria.gv.at/.
These include, among others
- Cooperation with the relevant EU reference laboratory (EU-RL) and, where appropriate, other (international) NRLs of the same orientation.
- Participation in training and inter-laboratory testing provided by the EU-RL.
- Distribution of information provided by the EU-RL
- Scientific and technical support to the competent authorities in the implementation of the Multiannual National Control Plans
- Active support in diagnostics in case of disease outbreak
- Establishment, standardization, validation/verification of test systems
- Keeping strain collections, isolates and reference sera available
- Ensuring knowledge retention and generation
Institut für veterinärmedizinische Untersuchungen Mödling
- +43 50 555-38112
Robert Koch-Gasse 17
Last updated: 01.09.2022