National Reference Laboratory for Anthrax
Our National Reference Laboratory (NRL) for anthrax is located at the Institute for Animal Health Mödling within the Division of Animal Health of AGES. The testing laboratory of the Austrian Agency for Health and Food Safety GmbH is accredited according to ISO/IEC 17025 with the identification number 0452 by Accreditation Austria (Federal Ministry for Digitalization and Economic Location) for the areas listed in the notification and published at https://akkreditierung-austria.gv.at/.
- Cooperation with our Institute for Medical Microbiology and Hygiene Vienna in the Public Health Business Unit of AGES for human cases.
- Cooperation with other (international) NRLs for anthrax in animals
- Active support in diagnostics in case of disease outbreak
- Implementation of differential diagnostics
- Establishment, standardization, validation/verification of test systems
- Ensuring knowledge retention and knowledge generation
Last updated: 13.09.2023