Austrian Official Medicines Control Laboratory (OMCL)
Our Austrian Official Medicines Control Laboratory (OMCL) is located in our Medical Market Surveillance business area. The OMCL operates exclusively on behalf of the Federal Office for Safety in Health Care (BASG) and consists of two departments:
- Analytics of chemical-pharmaceutical drugs (CPAA, Analytical focus: chromatography, spectroscopy, pharmaceutical technology, pharmacognosy).
- Analysis of biological drugs (BAMA, analytical focus: Protein chemistry, coagulation analysis, molecular biology, virology, microbiology, immunochemistry)
- Analytical examination and assessment of the quality of medicinal products prior to marketing authorization, after market launch and in the context of official batch release
- Investigation and assessment of suspected medicinal products from the illegal market
- Elaboration and assessment of monographs, methods and reference standards for the European Pharmacopoeia and the Austrian Pharmacopoeia
Last updated: 10.10.2023