National Reference Laboratory for Infectious Bovine Pleuropneumonia (Lung Disease).
Our National Reference Laboratory (NRL) for infectious bovine pleuropneumonia (pulmonary disease) is located at the Institute for Veterinary Investigations Mödling in the Divison of Animal Health of AGES. The NRL is accredited according to EN ISO/IEC 17025 and fulfills various tasks impartially and free of any conflict of interest according to EU Control Regulation 2017/625.
These include, among others
- Cooperation with the relevant OIE reference laboratory (OIE-RL) and other (international) NRLs of the same orientation, as appropriate.
- Participation in OIE-RL training and interlaboratory testing.
- Distribution of information provided by the OIE-RL.
- Provide scientific and technical support to competent authorities in the implementation of the Multiannual National Control Plans
- Active support in the diagnostic process in the event of a disease outbreak
- Establishment, standardization, validation/verification of test systems.
- Keeping strain collections, isolates and reference sera available
- Ensuring knowledge retention and generation
Last updated: 15.06.2022